This Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Garlic is an easy low carb / keto-friendly meal for spring. Best of all, this pressure cooker chicken recipe cooks up tender, juicy and full of flavor!
This Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Garlic is tender, juicy and full of bright and sunny flavors.
The best part is that dinner can be on the table in just 30 minutes with the help of a trusty pressure cooker. And if you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, I’ve even included instructions for the stove-top below or in this Lemon Garlic Chicken POST HERE.
The chicken cooks up tender and juicy with a delicious buttery lemon garlic sauce. It’s made with simple ingredients and packed with so much flavor.
I chose to serve this with roasted asparagus since it’s my favorite spring vegetable but broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, green beans or any steamed or roasted vegetables you prefer would be great too!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT LEMON CHICKEN WITH GARLIC
- You start off by seasoning the chicken with salt, black pepper, smoked paprika and red chili flakes for some heat. Feel free to leave out the chili flakes if you are sensitive to heat.
- I used chicken thighs here because I love that they stay tender but I have also made this a number of times with chicken breasts and it still comes out super flavorful.
- Next, you’re going to brown the chicken in the Instant Pot using the sauté function.
- Searing the chicken helps to seal in those amazing juices and gives the chicken that extra layer of flavor. Transfer to plate then add the butter, onions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Seal the lid on and let your pressure cooker do the rest.
**NOTE: I have the 6 Quart Instant Pot Duo and have NEVER HAD an issue with adding the amount of liquid called for in this recipe but if you do get that “burn” message, you can certainly try adding more liquid.
IS THIS INSTANT POT LEMON CHICKEN WITH GARLIC PALEO FRIENDLY?
For a paleo and Whole30 friendly version, swap use ghee or olive oil instead of butter and swap the heavy cream with coconut cream.
WHAT ELSE CAN I SERVE WITH INSTANT POT LEMON CHICKEN?
This instant pot lemon garlic chicken would go well with so many sides.
I chose to serve it it alone with some roasted asparagus to keep it low carb and keto friendly but if you are looking for a heartier non/low carb meal, it would go perfectly over a plate of pasta, Instant Pot quinoa or this Instant Pot rice.